The horse podcast landscape quickly growing and evolving. In 2020, we’re lucky to have more options than ever! There are a lot of great shows, and each one has a lot of great episodes, which can make it difficult to find the right ones for you. So, we wanted to highlight some of our favorites – the educational, the unique, the inspirational, and especially the ones that will make you laugh.
We did our best to link to websites that will help you navigate to your preferred podcast app. In absence of a good location, we linked to Apple Podcasts, but all of these should appear when searching the title.
Mindful Horse Training, and Horse + Human Relationship-Building
- The Confident Rider Podcast, with Jane Pike: We love Jane! If you’re looking to improve your mindset, manage your anxiety, be more present and bring all of those things to your horsemanship and riding – then this one’s for you!
- Take The Reins: Another great personal growth podcast for horse owners who are invested in strengthening their connection with themselves, their equine partners and everyone else they communicate with.
- The Willing Equine: science based and ethically minded horse training. If you’re looking to build a stronger bond with your horse, explore R+ and expand communications, this podcast will open your mind.
- Horse Wise: This podcast includes interviews, tales of big personality horses and entertaining anecdotes about her learning experiences as a lifelong student of the horse. Host Lynn Reardon may just help you look at your challenges from a different angle.
- Equine Clicker 101: Curious about clicker-training? Learn the fundamentals of positive reinforcement training in this unique hands-on podcast
- The Whole Horse Podcast with Alexa Linton: Author, Teacher, and Equine Sport Therapist, Alexa explores the fascinating territory and newly discovered edges of the horse-human partnership with special guests.
- NEW! Richard Winters Unbridled Podcast: A brand new podcast from natural horseman, clinician and reined cow horse champion, Richard Winters! He brings inspirational episodes, to help you on your personal horse journey.
Horse Training Tips and Hacks
- Horseman’s Academy (previously Project Horse Podcast): Practical exercises, tips and ideas from Lundahl Performance. We love this one because Jake and Amy give practical tips that anyone can apply today! There’s something for everyone in this.
- The Stacy Westfall Podcast: If you don’t know Stacy Westfall, then you should! She covers everything from the body and mind, of both horse and rider, to tack and work-life balance. Get this one on your playlist!
- Be Your Best Horsemanship: Hosted by professional horse trainer and clinician, Phil Haugen. Inspired by his “1% better everyday” training philosophy, learn his methods, mindset, and performance tips.
- Ride On with Julie Goodnight: In every episode, Insight on training topics from ground manners to lead changes, horse behavior or riding tips. New episodes are released every month!
- The Leading Rein: A podcast featuring Noah Cornish, Isaac Johnson, and Buck Brannaman tackling the issues in the horse industry.
Health and Wellness
- The Horse Nutrition Podcast: Hear the latest and greatest in equine care, nutrition and health from Purina’s team of PhD equine nutritionists.
- Straight from the Horse Doctor’s Mouth: Equine veterinarian Dr. Erica Lacher and show host Justin Long discuss horse healthcare, and proper care and maintenance.
- The Humble Hoof: The Humble Hoof is a podcast for both horse owners and equine professionals, offering discussions into various philosophies on the health of the hoof and soundness of your horse.
- Heels Down Fitness Podcast: This one is for the humans! Get tips about the ins and outs of the fitness and equestrian world combined. Become the healthiest you for you and your horse.
Culture, Industry Talks & Interviews
- Married With Horses: From Lane and Jackie Jatzlau brings you information, conversation and laughs about horses, marriage, family and life. If the name resonates with you, you’ll probably relate to this one. Highly recommend.
- Practical Horseman Podcast: From the Practical Horseman editors, this podcast features interviews and conversations with trainers from a variety of backgrounds and horse care experts. Subscribe to this one and watch for your favorite industry leaders.
- Horse in the Morning: A daily morning podcast that covers a variety of topics, from industry updates to health. Usually focused on english-discipline topics and guests, but this podcast brings conversations that any horse person can appreciate.
- Because of Horses Podcast: Bringing you inspiring stories from horse people, from all walks of life and parts of the world.
- The Budget Equestrian: Lisa from The Budget Equestrian shares tips on tack, horse training, and horse riding in general | DIY projects and horse tack reviews for horse owners and horse lovers
Western Performance Horses
- Finding The Feel: Hopefully you know us, since you’re here. 🙂 We chat with today’s most inspiring leaders in the performance horse industry, from reining to cow horse and many others. We will share their stories, habits and life lessons that you can use in the partnership with your horses.
Reined Cow Horse
- Cowhorse Full Contact: Chris Dawson & Russell Dilday chat with NRCHA legends, produced by our friend Ben Self! Listen to never-before-heard stories and have a few laughs along the way. A must-listen.
- The Cutting Edge, with Louisa Murch White. Cutting horse news and interviews with the top riders! Louisa does a phenomenal job at making each episode informative and entertaining. A must-listen.
- Section K Podcast: This podcast will bring you discussions on everything cutting related, from current events in and out of the arena, to interviews with cutters all over the country.
All Reining, All the Time
- NRHA – In Our Tracks: From the NRHA, and bringing interviews with the leaders and influencers from the reining industry as well as competitors, to offer insights from the full spectrum of the reining community.
- Along For The Ride With Andrea Fappani: Get access to NRHA’s 5.7 Million Dollar Rider, where Andrea shares conversations with mentors, competitors, breeders, owners, farrier, veterinarians, judges, trainers and non-pros from the NRHA.
- Fun and Fast Times Sharon Camarillo: Join Sharon Camarillo as she inspires, educates, and entertains while exploring the fastest growing equine sport, barrel racing.
- Married With Horses (mentioned above) should also belong in this category 🙂
- A Cowgirl and Her Horse: Tune in to each episode as Katrina, an amateur barrel racer, discusses everything related to barrel racing and horses.
- NEWLY ADDED! Lipstick and Cowboy Boots: Hosted by Cassie Hausauer, the Lipstick and Cowboy Boots Podcast includes interviews, stories and discussions with the faces of the western and rodeo community in Canada.
- Heels Down Happy Hour: Another great one from Horse Radio Network! These great hosts cover a variety of topics. While the industry news is primarily english-focused, western horse people shouldn’t skip this one! There’s lots of great advice in this one to which everyone can relate.
- The Plaidcast: The Plaidcast is a weekly horse podcast hosted by Piper Klemm, Ph.D. and Sissy Wickes. Guests include Olympian equestrians, top hunter/jumper and equitation riders, trainers, horse show managers, and industry insiders.
- Dressage Radio Show: The official podcast of the United States Dressage Federation (USDF). Hosted by two Grand Prix riders the Dressage Radio Show is a training-based show laced with exciting interviews, book reviews and news from the world of dressage.
Did we miss any of your favorites? Comment and let us know, so we can add them to the list!